Skip to main content

January Blog post

January Service Hours: 4

Cumulative Service Hours: 4


Welcome back pharm bloggers!!

 

Well, the new and final semester has started, and I couldn’t be happier! I loved the month-long winter break and being able to rest but I was concerned with getting back in school and getting back to the work. I thoroughly enjoyed working through the endocrine/reproductive module. I was able to relate to this module on a personal level being that my father was recently diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes in December of 2019 and being a male and knowing about certain contraceptives that can be used/taken. This module was a breeze to say the least but very interesting at the same time. I have a feeling that all of the modules this semester will be a breeze being that we have a shelf exam coming up in April, I haven’t gotten my thoughts together yet about when I’ll start studying for it and what study methods, I will use but I’m working on it. The only thing that I feel a little stressed about are the 2 extra group presentations that we have to do this semester in neuropharmacology & endocrine pharmacology. BUT if I stay on top of things like I did last semester and don’t fall behind, I know my group partners and I will do just fine.

 

This I was able to give back to the community and volunteer on my old college campus, THE Southern University and A&M College. Unfortunately, due to the pandemic that we are STILL dealing with (🙄), there wasn’t any “official” community service like we would normally do for Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. holiday. Nonetheless, I was able to lend a helping hand, with an old organization I was a part of during undergrad, with a campus clean up. Together we all managed to pick up the trash all around campus as well as the Bluff (where the back of campus meets the Mississippi River), repaint the parking lot of the student union, as well as repaint the jaguar paw prints that are seen when crossing the bridge to get on to campus.

 

I can’t wait to see what else the rest of this semester has in store for me. Wish me luck!

 

Until next time.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

October Blog Post

Community service hours:  12  out of 12 I just want to start off by apologizing to all of the prospective pharmacology students that may across my blog for not having a “cute” blog with a cool theme and background picture. I am tech savvy but only to a certain extent. 🤣😝   The month of October for the pharmacology program has been crazy and when I say crazy, I mean CRAZY! This month alone we have had a total of 5 exams and 9 quizzes. Exams are biweekly and quizzes are weekly. Now, that wasn’t said to discourage anyone because I can guarantee you that being in this program is most definitely worth it! I am loving it here!! Grad school gets a 10/10 would definitely recommend. But man do you have to put some work in. I’m so happy that I invested in an iPad Pro and an Apple Pencil for more efficient and eco friendly note taking because I can only imagine the number of notebooks and pens I would have gone through by now. To keep my motivation high about pursing a caree

March [Full of] Madness

MMarch Service Hours: 10  Cumulative Service Hours: 18 And there goes March!! Yet another month down in this program.  I consider the month of March a thing of the past, I was glad to have experienced it and I’m even glad that it’s over. For me, the month of March consisted of my second dose of the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine, 1 medical pharmacology exam on Psychopharm, 1 principles of pharmacology exam also on Psychopharm, 2 presentations: one on stress & immunity and the other on “Fremanezumab for the Preventive Treatment of Chronic Migraine” - a mouthful yes, I know; just imagine how I felt this entire month. Not to mention that we also had an exam in cellular control mechanism on ion channels, membrane transporters, etc. all while studying for the NBME (National Board of Medical Examiners) which serves as our cumulative final exam for our med pharm course. On tomorrow (April 1st) my classmates and I will take this examine, I have more than enough faith that al